Thursday, June 10, 2010

Variety

Well this week has seen some interesting happenings, none of which are really connected so I have no choice but to title this post variety.  Let me start with the exciting news I received on Monday.  After checking my e-mail I was surprised to see three e-mails from my girlfriend.  I was so surprised I almost deleted them thinking it might be spam or a hacker.  However I did read them and found that she had received permission from her mission president to write me and I can e-mail back.  This speeds up the communication process substantially.  Second on the list of things is that I put together a poster to present my research in Washington DC this following week.  Somehow the Print Shop managed to take my beautiful poster that I had printed and completely destroy it in the process of laminating it.  I am still in the process of getting other copies.  In addition I have re-discovered my talents in sports I have no played in a long time such as football and volleyball.  For football I discovered that I make quite the quarterback, able to throw 50 yard touchdowns with perfect precision.  My aim in throwing the ball surprised me a great deal, especially because I never played as quarterback before.  In volleyball I was surprised that I could play with those who take volleyball seriously.  Most of my volleyball experience comes from random get together groups who hardly know how to play the sport.  It was refreshing to see that being cooped up in the basement laboratory hasn't completely killed my athleticism completely.  Well, this will have to end my list for now due to an overwhelming desire to sleep.  Haha, maybe I am getting lazy after all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment