Monday, May 17, 2010

Long Day

Today I knew would be a busy one, turns out I was right about something for once.  I went in early to the lab to get some experiments going.  I knew that an acquaintance from school was starting his internship at the lab today so I figured that if I got the boring stuff done early enough that he might be able to do some of the other things.  Even that way there was a lot of "down time" which I took advantage of to teach him as much as I could about what we are doing.  I showed him around and helped point out key locations he would use.  We also spent a great deal of time talking.  There was a pretty wide range of topics, but mostly we just talked about more important things like my fair lady, our missions (his and mine), school, etc.  It was a pretty productive first day for him and a very long day for me.  I'm surprised I still have a voice after talking all day.

After work I tried to get my car in shape by getting an oil change and attempting to get my blinker fixed.  It looks like I still have to wait for the light though.  Then I ran to Wal-mart in hopes of finding some microcassettes that I could record for my sweetheart.  I guess they don't sell them anymore....at least not at Wal-mart.  Someone suggested radio shack, but by then it was late enough that I was certain I would have to wait at least another day.  So I drove straight to FHE where we had a quick lesson and the proceeded to play Bunko.  Its usually a fun game, but I had such a bad luck streak that it wasn't really fun at all.  I lost 9 of 11 games.  Not a vegas night, that was for sure....well, unless I bet against myself.

The majority of the day my thoughts were on my girlfriend.  As such I felt like I multi-tasked the entire day because I wasn't always left with time to stop and think about her.  Naturally I brought her up in nearly every conversation, but  not everyone shares my interest in that area.  I miss her a great deal.  It was our year anniversary of when we started dating.  It has been an amazing and wonderful journey.  I often wondered if I could ever be so happy.  Now I know the answer is yes, and it only gets better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment