Sunday, February 28, 2010

Anton Through The Looking Glass

Even though everything seems to be working out right on the path to reach your goals, there will be difficult and challenging days.  Sometimes it is because the work required is more than the energy you have.  Sometimes you are tired of spending every ounce of your emotions.  Sometimes, it is difficult to know that as much love as you have given, it isn't near the amount you wish to give.

At times I look at the mirror wondering on which side of the glass I am.  Do I remember who I am, or do I become an image; a mere shadow of the real me?  I want so much to accomplish my goals, but they are often distant and all the more difficult to achieve.  I confess to having days where I could sit and cry all day long.  The pain of being distanced from loved ones, the pain of having so far to go, and the pain of being less than what I aspire to be all surround me.

I don't dare to complain.  The blessings I have received are far greater than that I deserve.  Nonetheless I want to be more.  I want those blessings to mean something.  In no way should my pains and difficulties give the appearance of depressions or self pity.  All I mean is that the path I tread, like the paths trodden by each individual is a very difficult one.  Seeing how far I have to go makes me realize I will never do it alone.  Thank goodness there is help along the way.  Many of our paths meet in places we did not expect.  In the end we may find we are all going the same direction.  Some of us will be standing, others sitting, or falling.  Let us take courage together to raise up and move forward.  Progression is so much easier when help is near.  We will always have help.  There is one who knows what path we have taken.  He knows where we are on the path, what we are doing, and what we are thinking.  He has been in every situation and He conquered every one.  If anyone can show us the way forward it is Him.  Christ is our friend and guide.  We will never be lost so long as we ask for His assistance.

My near future holds many difficult challenges.  I seek courage in the refuge of family, friends, and God.  With them in sight the future looks bright, and that makes all the difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment