Monday, February 15, 2010

Introduction



Here I am writing to a nameless audience. The next few months will be lonelier than most, not because I am alone, but because I will not be complete. What do you do when against all odds you are asked to seperate for a time from the one you wish to spend an eternity with? Could you do it willingly? Enter my life, a story so bizarre that it should be a novel. It seems like a romance/drama. Juliet is taken away and romeo fights desperately to await the moment when she will return to him.




Let me introduce my story from the beginning. Last May I took a roadtrip with two friends to go see a friend getting married in Texas. The three of us were attending Brigham Young University-Idaho in Rexburg, Idaho at the time. I was a groomsman, and my partners in crime: a bridesmaid, and the maid of honor. It was at the wedding reception that I met an enchanting young woman named Patricia. Near the end of the reception I approached her and muttered something to the effect of, "Can I have your digitals?" Despite the hideous approach I was rewarded with 10 numbers that forever changed my life. From that night on (with perhaps one or two exceptions in 9 months) we made it a habit to talk to each other. Patricia is from the great state of California, and I hail from the deserty Northeastern Oregon. Yup, you guessed it. A long distance relationship. It was definitely hard for me to open up, I had never been in a relationship before and a long distance relationship required a great deal of commitment, honesty, and pure communication. It wasn't long before we both found ourselves falling in love and looking to further our relationship.




After one of the few visits we shared together it became apparent that we were both looking toward a permanent future together. However we were met with an interesting twist to our relationship when God made it clear that Patricia needed to serve a mission before considering a future with me. To those acquainted with LDS culture this may come to you as a bit out of the ordinary. Well, its not exactly what we expected either, but we know that its right. In January Patricia received her mission call to serve in the Manila Philippines mission and to learn Tagalog. She reports to the MTC March 31 of this year. I intend to keep this blog for those interested in our story. I will keep it updated with the news I receive from her, her family, and friends. In addition, I will keep a personal journal of my feelings, actions, and desires in the 18 months without my fair lady.

0 comments:

Post a Comment