Monday, March 8, 2010

Fortunes and Food

Have you ever eaten at Panda Express?  Today I decided to give it a try.  I'm a big oriental food fan.  I'm especially fond of General Tsao and Orange Chicken.  The most fun comes from eating with chopsticks.  I  learned at a relatively young age how to use them, and I've kept trying ever since.  I like to eat anything I can with chopsticks, even jello and ice cream.  I knew that Panda Express was the equivalent of Chinese fast food so I didn't know what to expect.  On the one had the service was very quick...on the other it really wasn't that good.  It was decent, and food nonetheless, but it just didn't spell out chinese food the way I've come to appreciate it.  So....the pluses: quick chinese food, free chopsticks, relatively cheap price, and it will fill you up.  Minuses: Greasier, non-fresh tasting, harder or chewier than normal (from being kept over time), no authenticity.  I'm not saying I wouldn't go there again, but I would much rather find an authentic chinese food resteraunt.  Ah, don't forget the fortune cookies.  Fortune cookies are always good...or at least I haven't had bad ones yet.  Anyway, this time I got two fortune cookies, probably because they thought I was buying for two = - P.  One said, "you will receive some prestigious prize or award" and the other, "To reach distant places, you have to take the first step".  I think that if anyone is depressed the need a fortune cookie.  I've never seen a negative one.  Can you imagine a resteraunt telling someone they would die a terrible untimely death?  Its just not good business.  As for the prize or award...I think I already got it.  I am the proud owner of someone's heart.  Thats the biggest prize I could ever win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment