Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Host

I find it intriguing how many times I become a host while at my Aunt's residence.  I have hosted at least 5 different friends and also my direct family all within the last month.  Its incredible how they seem to find me, even when I'm out in the middle of nowhere.  I love having company.  Having my friends near keeps my spirit alive.  In contrast to the lonely evenings I am frequented with due to the nature of my internship, their warm smiles, and seperate circumstances are a brilliant display of fresh air.  At times I feel like the sage whom travelers seek out for advice, rest, and healing.  In no way do I lay claim to any of these abilities, but the way they look at me pierces my soul with the presumption.  I cannot explain why, for in no way have my travels and experiences made me any more qualified to help than any other random sap.  In the world I am a nobody, barely worth being recognized at all.  People will search where they will, I just find it ironic that so many have sought where they have.  I am a host.  So come one, come all.  I am your friend and will take you in.  Whatever you need I will try to supply.  This has been the desire of my life from the beginning.  I am a medic, a host, a friend....I am here to give freely, and I joy in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment