Thursday, April 1, 2010

Snow

I can't help but feel my world has suddenly turned upside down.  I am living winter in the spring, but it is still spring.  I hear that it is spring break for many people and yet I walked out to a snow storm this morning.  Ironic how the weather can so accurately describe my life.  Spring is thought of as a time for life, growth and beginning.  Winter symbolizes endings, and perhaps sadness.  Snow is purity, tranquility, and splendor.  Combining the three thoughts can accurately describe my life.

As my fair lady enters missionary service it is the end of easy communication.  It is met with reluctant sadness.  Though I am sad to be seperated yet again there is a great calm inside me.  Everything is just fine and I am amazed at the possibilites this new adventure opens.  It is the beginning of a new life.  Our relationship will grow stronger and deeper than ever before.  I can see you there wondering why I could think such a thing.  Consider this.  My fair lady and I finally have to try.  Her focus is clearly on something else as it should be for the time being.  We will have to work harder than ever to keep our fire burning within.  No phone calls, no random visits, just good 'ol snail mail.  Our goals will be united as we support each other.  As she serves she will gain an understanding and appreciation for the service I once conducted in Bolivia.  We are set on bettering ourselves for the greater good, something that makes us shed the shell of childhood and emerge as responsible adults.

Snow could have been a bad thing for me today, especially because I am not particularly fond of cold weather.  However, it was seen as a blessing to make me stop and think.  My world could easily seem upside down, but all I need to do is straighten up and find my bearings.  Snow is a good thing, even in April.

0 comments:

Post a Comment