Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thoughts

It seems that when we least feel like doing something, that becomes of greatest worth.  I doubted for a while whether or not to listen to the third session of general conference tonight.  Eventually I went even missing the opening song and prayer in my indecision.  However, what happened from that moment on captivated me.  The talks were brilliant many of which seemed specifically tailored to me, my thoughts, and my current circumstances.  Ronald A. Rasband spoke about missionary service and I couldn't help but think of a certain missionary I miss dearly.  He shared an experience of getting to witness first hand and even participate in the process for assigning a missionary to a mission.  His thoughts were very comforting to me and made me reminesce of when I was called to Bolivia.  Deiter F. Uctdorf spoke about patience a rare virtue, but something I have been fortunate enough to be well acquainted with.  With that in mind I learned even more about the subject and am excited to improve upon that newly acquired knowledge.  I am more confident in what the future holds.  To put it plainly, it was exactly what I needed to hear.  President Eyring spoke of diligence something I am striving to improve on in conjunction with patience.  All the talks were excellent in all three sessions.  I am so thankful to have living prophets and apostles to raise me up even if I'm just starting to slouch or walking straight.  We can always walk a little taller, but sometimes we don't know that until someone from higher ground can point it out.  I know that my fair lady also enjoyed and learned a great deal from what was said.  I can feel it.  With a brighter perspective I look forward to tomorrow with great anticipation for the final two sessions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment