Monday, April 5, 2010

Sick

Today I finally heard from my girlfriend for the first time since she arrived at the MTC.  Her family was kind enough to forward an e-mail to me.  She has already learned a little bit of the language she will be speaking, Tagalog.  It was so good to hear that she is doing so well in every way....well, except the fact she got swine flu the day she arrived.  You will have to forgive my snickering because we both feel the same way about it.  Its pretty common for one of us to say to the other, "You would!"  Well, that's just her luck.  Although I am genuinely concerned for her, I know she is fine and will continue to be.  She is learning and loving every moment of it.  Better to get sick in the MTC than in the Philippines anyway.  I have to admit that I had a pressing desire to know of her well being, like I knew something wasn't completely right.  At the same time I knew that she was doing well.  Turns out that I was right.  Now that I know she had the swine flu, the feeling makes sense and everything is just fine.  I love being this close and sharing all I can with her.  My daily letters have been full of encouragement and simple advice.  A portion of me has been called to the Philippines to serve a mission for God.  That has helped me to begin preparing myself a new so I can serve when called upon, in what ever form that may come.  Maybe it will just be a letter to say hi and it will be alright.  Maybe it will be an occasional story from my own mission.  Sometimes it could just be the knowledge that I am here, waiting and working hard to make it something even better to come home to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment