Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Storm of blessings?

I woke up still feeling under the weather this morning.  I wasn't too surprised, but I wasn't about to complain.  The interesting thing is that I was woken up by the wind.  Yeah, thats right....I said wind.  The wind was so strong that I could here it, and there were no cracks or anything like that in the window.  I looked outside and wondered if I was about to be swallowed up by a tornado.  It actually got my heart racing which is a first even though I've driven through tornado warnings, and watched big dust devils from inches away.  All day it was windy and cloudy.  At times there were just huge gust of wind, other times it was hail and or rain by the bucket full.  In short, it was a very stormy and scary day to be outside.  I didn't go outside though, well except to get the mail of course.  Anyway, at the same time I had a fantastic day.  I don't even know why other than the fact that I found out I had been awarded a grant to continue my research.  The school is offering $500 to support me while continuing my research.  I was shocked for two reasons.  First, I thought the guy I had talked to had completely forgotten about me.  Second, I just deferred from the school for the semester.  In other words the school decided to award me a grant regardless of my current academic status.  The award is very flattering and humbling considering its irregular circumstances.  So, I've decided that today was a storm of blessings, I'm sure someone needed the wind and moisture too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment